WINNER UPDATE: Congrats to Diana Castro & Heidi Klein who WON the copies of The Handmade’s Tale! Thanks to everyone who participated! Stay tuned – I’ll be doing more giveaways of my favorite books…(including soon my book when it’s published)
The guy and I recently started watching The Handmaid’s Tale on Hulu. Terrifying. Fascinating. Makes me shiver. All of that. Love it. I watch and screech when something happens on the show that was similar to the program I was in (a Christian “reform your kid” cult/bootcamp), such as:
- The way communication was regulated, forbidden
- Being watched all the time
- The hunger people have for authority and little bits of power; the rank of human beings
- The turning of people against each other so they nark and become spies for the authorities
- The group punishments for one person’s misdeed; putting the pain on all
- The struggle to hold onto your identity and remember your real life
- The realization that the phrase “hope dies last” is not true–you can lost hope and be forced to live in the torture of your reality
The show inspired me to finally buy and read the book by the woman who started it all, Margaret Atwood. I’m only a few chapters in, but I’m completely taken by it. So…I purchased some extra copies so you can enjoy it too!
How to Win One of Two Copies of The Handmaid’s Tale
You can get up to SEVEN entries! Here’s how:
- Like me on Facebook (1 entry!)
- Follow me on Instagram (1 entry!)
- Sign up to get an email when my book launches (5 entries!)
Winners will be announced Saturday August 10, 2019 on Facebook (I will post on my page and private message winners [if permitted] to get their mailing addresses, so check your messages!).
The legal stuff…PRIZE (2): One hardcover copy of The Handmaid’s Tale, by Margaret Atwood. This contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the book The Handmaid’s Tale, Instagram or Facebook. No purchase or social media action necessary to win. For a free entry, you may email Meaghan Thomas at email@example.com; include your full name to enter. Winners will be chosen at random using a random name picking tool and announced on Saturday August 10, 2019. They’ll be contacted via social media, should their privacy settings allow it, or email if available. Winners’ shipping addresses must be located within the United States of America. Meaghan Thomas will mail the winners the book via UPS or USPS, at no charge to the winners. If a winner does not claim the prize by September 30, 2019 (midnight CST), the prize is considered forfeited.